SALES COACHING & TRAINING
Make a Great Impression on Customers
What do your customers think of the way you do business? Use these yes-or-no questions as a starting point for self-evaluation:
1. Are you always well prepared for each call?
2. Do you know your products and services thoroughly?
3. Do you follow through with new customers conscientiously?
4. Do you fight hard for your customers' rights?
5. Do you respect your customers' opinions, even if you disagree?
6. Are you sensitive to the personal needs of your customers?
7. Are all your customers convinced that you care deeply about their well-being?
8. Do you make personal sacrifices for your customers?
9. Are the promises you make sacred to you?
10. Do you make it a point not to take unfair advantage of a customer?
11. Do you listen with rapt attention when your customers speak?
12. Are you above faking information of which you are not absolutely certain?
Even if you're at the top of your class when it comes to professionalism and likability, it never hurts to brush up on the basics. Keep these simple practices in mind when you interact with customers, and you'll increase your chances of closing and keeping more business.
Always be smiling. Studies show that we tend to overestimate the number of times we smile. A cheerful, friendly expression is the greatest predictor of a person's likability. Get in the habit of offering a sincere smile each time you meet your prospects or are introduced to someone new.
Be helpful. Show your interest in others by asking questions about them, researching their social-media profiles, and in general, finding out what you can do to help them. We can all use help from others in our quest for success; everyone you help may, in turn, be more than happy to help you.
Be positive. People always want to hear when they're doing a great job. Find reasons to compliment your customers and give positive feedback on what they do well. The better you make people feel about themselves, the more likely they are to appreciate your presence. Eventually, you will form a valuable network of people who like and trust you.
– Selling Power Editors
/// 50 Best Companies
Apply now to be included in Selling Power's list of the 50 Best Companies to Sell for in 2013. Applications are due June 24th.
Apply Now >
Apply Now >